Friday 18 October 2019

Joy = no Joy

told ya that we're getting back $3 K from an income tax refile

M says that it will nicely cover the pre -payment for next year's taxes

Oh yeah - ' say it ain't so , Joe '

Attributed to a young Chicago White Sox fan
all fiction - created by a sportswriter during the Black Sox scandal.

The day is terrific sun and blue sky
Who knew
We will warm up starting Saturday and stay warm for 5 days ( well probably 50 - 60 F ) Apparently, an Arctic trough will form as the jet stream drops well below the Great Lakes. That cold sump starts around the 26 and stays til OC end.

The story. I promised the new owners of my cottage that I would replace a fitting on the down hill water outlet. The original split ( b/c its only plastic ). I repaired the piece, took it to the cottage and lost it somewhere in the cottage. ?????
Today, I went to Home Depot and bought a new one.
On the way out, I notice a bin. Special sale ( of course it was ). $ 8 for three pry bars, as in nails etc. The smallest is 6 in long and cute, the next is 8 in and the biggie is 10 in. I wan't sure if I really needed the big one but the little guys. The smaller ones tho' infinitely handy around the work room.
Oh, my workroom. I collect tools. Don't use them all but they're there. When my father died - well, I doubled the collection.
For his birthday etc, I'd buy him a tool that I had that I thought he would need or like. Over the years, he gifted me w/ an item that I thought I liked of his.
Apparently, he bought or found replacements.
Thus, I doubled up.
And he was a a packrat just like me 
OR 
did I get the order wrong




No comments:

Post a Comment