Tuesday 29 October 2019

Wettish

full cloud cover

Alright

The day is not as bad as I originally foresaw

There seems to be some light coming down. Predicted high is up around 65 F. But not quite shorts weather. but Sunday was similar and guys were out in shorts

Thus, I'll venture out. Noodles is the top of my list.
Called pho in Vietnamese or yakka mein in Chinese
Soba in Japanese
I had what is labelled ' noodle soup w/ beef brisket ' at ' Yogi s Noodles ' in the Chartwell Food Court.
The only people who know of its existence are Asian esp Chinese. You see, its at the back of the plaza in a separate building

In Japanese culture, they say the dashi < read soup base > is everything in noodle soup. Yogi s still has the better of a whole slew of rivals.
The price was $ 5.50 and I could have had two.
That good.

Brisket is somewhat of a misleading term. Oh, I'm sure its brisket but I swear that I saw vein and sinew
Oh well, its all part of the mystique
Yes, mystery food, always a non starter in conversation

Jobs got done today. I re - wired the under porch where a persistent robin has managed for 5 yrs to circumvent / overlap and in all ways defeat my anti - robin s nest ' Maginot Line ' ala WWI. ML didn't work and neither did my robin proofing
Thus, once more into the breach and I ............. well re - wired the netting.
Oh, she just built on top of the netting, this year. Biggest nest ever.

The house next door is vacant and has been for 2 yrs. A legal battle is ongoing.
I put up a fence, low, to keep the late fall leaves from cascading into my yard from that property

I vacuumed the truck out. Biggest culprit ..... Me.
Cookie crumbs or I hope that those were cookie leavings. Anything else and I'd panic, for sure

At Canadian Tire < Walmart but way more car stuff >
I found solar powered flood lights on sale for half price. That means they are priced at what they're worth. Solar powered means that they could last 2 years...... maybe. However, these suckers are getting better ever generation.
I'm getting ready for Hollow - Weenies night. Adding a little colour. Alright, the floods are red and green but colour is good.

Actually, the coach lamps on the porch are red and green to begin w/. Thus, red and green floods - not bad.
No one has yet figured out that the red and green are the running light colours for a boat. My pet phrase is   ' red right going home '. That means going home or upriver, keep the red light or buoy on your right.
So, if you are walking to the house - going home - red is on your right
My house doesn't float but it did flood so I forgive anyone who hasn't got it figured out.
M just assumes that its one of my quirky ideas
one of many
many, many

No comments:

Post a Comment