Monday 14 October 2019

Thanksgiving Mon

most retail outlets are closed
but you can buy liquor and smokes

The deck thermometer had trouble reaching 44 F this morning. The weather is full fall type unsettled w/ rain coming almost every day.

For several days, I've been re - engineering the front walk.
Recall, we had a basement flood. The solution was to waterproof the outside wall. Done
But they dug up about 60 sq ft of interlock.
I waited a year for the resettling process and it did settle a fair bit.
However, putting the interlock back exactly as laid before is a costly and not altogether the best solution. The interlock near the house walls seem to sink. One place has been re-done twice.
Thus, I'm re-engineering, my way. I'm putting the pavers back but covering them w/ a black 3 x 4 ft indoor mat. Fuzzy on top and a plastic base. It may fall apart in a year but I figure the interlock is going to sink anyway < at least a bit >
I'm not doing the pattern that was there originally just lining them up neatly
This way, lift the mats and re-do the pavers.

I figure covering the area w/ mulch would cost more than the mats ( 3 mats for $30 ). The mulch will get blown away by wind and leaf blowers < lawn care dudes >
I'll fence off the area - only need is occasionally getting access to the side garage door ( mail slot is gone now - moved the front )

We shall see said the Zen Master

P.S. almost done out there and the situation is fair to good.
The pavers are almost all used. There will be some fill in places < pavers kinda shoved in > but I notice that the original guys did that anyway.
They finished to a line - say, the edge of the lawn and back set pavers - if there was a gap they filled w/ cut down pavers.
I kept all the pavers - thus I'll fill

No comments:

Post a Comment