Sunday 26 April 2020

Kawphy

first  thing
its yesterday s but its java ........ joe.....the brown juice

bit of a breeze, very dull looking

Yesterday's little chore in the garden was laying down newspaper to act as ground cover. You might recall that my gardening project was to de - clutter the bushes or trees or invading limbs and stems. In essence clear out the brush. I left a lot of open space which was the intent. But weeds will grow and so will the stuff that I left.
I put down 8 layers of newspaper sheets and tacked them with chopsticks. I drilled small holes in the fat end of the chopstick and inserted a thick toothpick as a crosspiece. Total cost for 40 approx 12 cents. At the Home Depot, they sell pegs or hold downs at 6 for     $ 4.
I raked the bark chips and layed down the TorStar sheets and re - raked the bark chips back.
Did you know that in the forest < maybe my garden as well > the mycelium or network of filaments from trees communicates and links the trees. If a tree is cut down or is injured, often nutrients are supplied via this network to keep the fallen tree s stump alive.
This tidbit comes from Cosmos, the series hosted by Neil De Grasse Tyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment