Wednesday 30 September 2020

Cool in the Morning

 brisk

air is clear after rain last night

Up at 6 again, lay there, couldn't really sleep. Coffee sounded good.

Thus, after news this morning, I'm down to 2 uncles < Dad's side >. Uncle George passed last night.

Uncle George was judged a success by most. He started out as a chicken sexer < baby chicks > and rose in the company,  Lilydale. He ended up organizing corporate events and made many contacts. An avid golfer his whole life.                                                                             In fact, in 1997, he organized the biggest Family re - union in Edmonton, Alberta when I asked and promised to fund the event. The turn out was 80 strong. 

I sat next my aunt from Vancouver. Her sons were scattered over Canada and Vermont < U.S. >. Two were in Calgary, Alberta < 2 hr away > and 2 hr north of Vancouver. My uncle wasn't sure if the venture would be attended < his acceptance letter for the event had this notation - hope this goes off otherwise it will be embarassing > and didn't push the issue w/ his sons.                   My aunt turned to me at dinner and said ' I think we made a huge mistake - this is phenomenal '.

The remaining uncles are 101 and 90 yrs old.

The long range from Brett Anderson at Accuweather for the next 3 weeks ' is seasonal '. Of course, the real trick is to determine < here in S Ont > what does ' seasonal ' mean

Alrighty. The prediction is weather up and down < say 50 to 70 F > w/ rain frequent and often torrential. Cold nights, foggy mornings. Betcha, I'm bang on

To me, it means that my boat gets winterized the week following Thanksgiving < S Ont. date >. Recall, cold oil doesn't like to flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment