Thursday 24 September 2020

the Toronto Star : Headline Sept 24

 ' This is Not a Time for Austerity ' which highlights the ' throne speech ' that initiates a session of parliament for the fall.

I'll read the story later - maybe. M might get there first. It is not a priority for me.

I don't need spin on spin from a reporter

An excerpt from ' theweathernetwork ' - the fall preview included :

We expect that late September, October and November will feature extended periods of mild fall weather and a delay in the arrival of consistent winter weather across most of the country. This is in stark contrast to last fall, which included a few historic winter-like storms and extended periods of mid-winter cold.

Sounds as though bursts of mild conditions will continue.

Alrighty, personal news. I made foccacia yesterday < from basics >. A news article described focaccia as the chef's blank canvas. Now, to be fair, M stood at my elbow and read the instructions < at least 6 times > as I figured out how to do what she said.

The recipe used yeast for leavening and it was a non - routine step for me. However, the foccacia featured grape tomatoes, sausage, onion and olives < onion and olives - only on my side > plus three cheeses.

And you're asking ' what's the difference ' sounds like pizza. Actually, must be really close.

No matter, taste was terrific, everybody loved it.

SUCCESS ! and we will do this again. Thats maybe the third time that I've let dough rise for 1 h and then another 1/2 h.

A house story : barbecue woes and triumph. Five days ago while bbq'ing. I looked down and saw flame through the control panel < where the control knobs are >. And the panel had started to melt. I shut off the gas and discovered flame had developed where the gas transits the supply line and enters the bbq. Oops ! Yeah, not nice. I started to take apart the bbq to repair.

M said ' forget it ' buy a new bbq. Well, coming home on Tues night, I saw a bbq on the curb w/ a sign that said ' it works '. I hauled it home and got it started. The bottom was saggy and needed reinforcement < lots of reinforcement >. M took one look and said ' no way '. I put two bbq s on our curb. I kept yelling to the walls ' take our bbq s '

AND by 4 o'clock - bingo - both had been taken. now we only have a charcoal bbq - smoker. But it felt like a victory when bbq s got taken. We must live a simple, simple life

No comments:

Post a Comment