Sunday 13 September 2020

FIVE-STAR FINDS ⭐ Picked by You!

at Lehman s, the winners were : mole chasing windmill

rotating clothes spinner, lambswool duster, beeswax polish and chainmail scrubber

A dreary day in S Ont. However, the week looked 80 % dynamic. P.S. at 2:30 PM its actually hot and partly cloudy

Neon signage is disappearing in Hong Kong. You might recall former photo vistas of Hong Kong - replete w/ towering - nay, massive advertising, glowing away into the night. From 40 neon sign makers 2 decades ago, the number is countable now on one hand.

And this AM, while working on the housekeeping, I listened to a ' podcast ' of the Arsenal Football Club of the English Premier League < apologies, I've left out a corporate name, that is always in the name EPL banner >

A podcast is great if you need entertainment and need to work. I use wireless headphones < Avantree, noise cancelling. It s a plug for a very good product > P.S. I get no money for being a ' trendie '

The skinny on AFC < back to the acronyms or letter representations > is a 4 - 6 place finish. The mitigating factors appear to be : can Arsenal beat lower ranked teams < the ' e - z ' points >. And can they continue to achieve good results against the top teams.

I used to own - mega Arsenal paraphernalia, clothes, badges etc. I still maintain a shelf in the basement corner glass cabinet - that is Arsenal Club rich. My interest in AFC goes back to 1966 when I discovered a team that was nicknamed the Gunners. Back then AFC played at Highbury Stadium, ackowledged legend in English football. For years, as a member of The Arsenal Football Fan Club of Canada, if I said ' I've been to Highbury ' the fellow groupies would turn and look to see who said it.

Yes, in 1978 I took the tube to ' Arsenal Station ' < the only club w/ a station named after them >. I watched as we lost to Ipswich < we were supposed to win > However, my story goes that w/in 2 years, Arsenal had acquired those goal scorers - Paul Mariner and Jens Lehman ? < I made that up b/c I forget his name >

I was so brave going by myself < I was 28 >. Yeah, until the girl beside me said " I came by myself, Daddy dropped me at the station in the Midlands and Grandad picked me up at the railway station, here in London. She was 14 ! She had traveled 70 miles to come there.

And I visited the Gunners Shop in Highbury, in 1988 or 9. The stadium was off season and you couldn't go in < to relive your memories >. I bought some stuff, natch, but the kicker was they closed the stadium shortly after

The ' new, shiny monster ' , Emirates Stadium <  named after the Airlines > is the gem de la gems of stadiums in England - unless you live in Manchester or Liverpool or even East London, home of Craven Cottage < Fulham FC and a bunch of  others over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment