Monday 14 December 2020

the big news

 the turkey is thawing......... the problem always is .............. how long will the sucker take to de-ice

we never know ........... 72 hrs is the advice everywhere ............ for our bird ...........                                                                                                          1 year

so we are going for the 17 th. Tues night at 7 P marks 48 hrs in the fridge

we shall see said the Zen Master

speaking of which < we weren't, right > I've had technical glitches

A) neither Chrome device, tablet < Duet > or Chromebook can reach  the HP printer. The Moto g8 can get the printer to work. I've tried changing IP destination etc. But this morning, on waking, the printer spews out about three tries worth of pages from yesterday. However, I have no idea which IP code did the trick

AND this morning, gmail flashed ' you may not be able to use Contacts ' AND YouTube went down ' Oops ! somethings wrong '

After an hour < and three shutdowns and clearing caches etc > Google is back in all its glory

I was going to say originally at 6:30AM " I'm up and drinking coffee "  but of course its still true at 8:15

Cool ish day to come. Rather gray out there.

Post Script info : it wasn't just me, Google services went down holus - bolus

In a spurt of genius, I moved the Chromebook beside the printer. The printer flashed ' device discovered ' for Wi Fi Direct ' which I don't use. But moments later, I hit print and it did print.
BAD was, the window noted ' this service is ending soon '

Thank you, Chrome. Chrome is changing service products incl printing straight from emails. To what, I don't know yet.
I have til Dec 31 to figure out what happens

Thus, one device to go for total printing

AND once that's done - figure out how to print w/out using cloud print.  I didn't know that was what the Chrome system was doing


The vaccine arrived in Canada, in Ontario. Our CV 19 numbers are w/in the rolling 7 day average < + / - >. Toronto has 7 days of lockdown left .......... Or so we think


No comments:

Post a Comment