Tuesday 1 June 2021

Summer Is Coming

 and today is a taste of warm - slight chance of rain

And some stuff is getting done inside. I've waited b/c of the paint smell. W/ windows open then I don't mind the painting. Really little jobs- touchng up baseboards and doors. The sequence started w/ a towel rack that pulled out < for the third time > in M s bathroom. Its not her fault either. The wall has a backplate of metal or hard plaster. This situation is not new in the house. The outside walls have wooden studs that I can use. Interior walls sometimes have these hard backings. Thus, I end up w/ shortened anchors in drywall - and not strong either

There is a chance that yesterday w/ a purpose designed steel drill bit, the hole might have been possible. I watched on YouTube as a guy drilled into a steel stud < but I'm not really sure the stud here is steel >  A guy installing the stairlift transformer tapped a hole and said              ' concrete half wall ' . but in the bathroom, I was 3 ft up and thought that I was above that halfway point.

We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment