Saturday 26 June 2021

Unsettled

 as in a building ? or
weather and rain for the week

Fashion from plastic ?


Came w/ the artcile at CBC Science on line
Treat of the week - turns out to be Takeout from 6 Burger Bar
Chicken pita and fish and chips < haddock >
Terrif !! Made our day
Actually, anything would have made our day < sad that this is IT for the day >

Life or something that resembles it.
An aunt died on the paternal side. The notice was in the Edmonton paper. I met Aunt D* approx 4 times as she and son Maurice transferred at the airport for Europe or Quebec                                      < Quebec ? really ! I think >.                                                                    I told M that I might qualify in the top 3 of cousins who had met Aunt D*. 

The sundering came a long time ago for the family. And cousin L from B.C. pretty much confirmed what I thought. She emailed back    ' thats 4 times more than me ! '.

What happens ? Well, everything. 
An uncle ' D2 ' not to be confused w/ the other uncle ' D ', was often discussed in hushed tones. That uncle ' D2 ' was always good to my brother and I. The story goes : while a young child, D2 was given away to another son - less family that lived nearby. There were 7 sons in my dad's family. This ' give away ' scenario was very common. Well, D2 never understood and eventually, returned to the family. The bitterness lingered.
Then to worsen the tale, D2 contracted Tuberculosis and got sent away to the prarries for treatment. The family was not wealthy and sent one person every year to say hello < a 10 hr train ride >.
Yes, the resentment was intense.

Sadly, I'm not relating anything new in family troubles - probably you are saying " wait til you hear my story ! "

Sticky day out there, H / H kinda, S Ontario day.




No comments:

Post a Comment