Wednesday 21 July 2021

a Miss

 Ah, you thought that I gave up the blogging business.

No. I was incommunicado at the QMH.
On Monday, I travelled w/ the owner about 9 AM or so to the Q. Our purpose was work. Specifically, tending an ailing dock.

We spent that afternoon, prepping materials for re - supporting the dock. New plates and brackets to lock in the uprights were shaped and painted w/ zinc overcoat liquid.

We took the truck and half filled the truck at Home Depot and then did the same at Costco. In the truck, could be found  3 plastic gas cans < full >, a BBQ propane tank < refilled >, 4 - 8 ft sections of vinyl siding, 2 bags of footing cement, two bulk bundles of toilet paper, 2 bulk bundles of paper towels, 36 cans of fruit soda and a partridge in a pear tree < kidding ! > and 100 5 inch galvanized bolts plus the nuts.  And we bought salad kits and pecan banana loaf < these weren't too heavy but necessary >.

Came back and put away stuff and headed out fishing < oh, imagine - boat - lake - evening  >

Next day, was at the dock for 10 hrs. Planting uprights, bolting in plates and support bracing.
I have a limit that says 6 times up the stairs at Q is my daily quota. Likely, it was 15 times, on Tues. We left at 9 PM to return home.
My knees hurt < surprise ! >
and I have wrenching - bolt shoulder
twisting- nut wrist
standing from sitting on the dock - thighs 
plus my back is aching.
But thats all

Stock Up on Supplies 🍎 Preserve Your Food Because You Can - from Lehman s today

No comments:

Post a Comment