Sunday 11 July 2021

simply living on Sunday

 from the Lehman s banner

or trying to be simple

Sort of easy for us. being so simple. really simple.  sadly

The day broke a bit sunny and now has clouded over. More or less as predicted. 
And rain followed, light and sprinkly - dreary moslty

Today was a trial run - did garden work < gloved and long sleeves and pants >  of course, waiting to see if my plant allergy or whatever breaks out - again.

I used a garden torch to touch the weeds < usually detsroys the conductive tissues > and used a saw blade to cut roots. You see, about 5 years ago, I bought hand saws w/ handles that come off by unscrewing a screw. I mounted the blade on a pole. I can stand and cut weeds and stray plants < sawing slightly below grade >
I think that you need a dual approach to weed. No one method is effective for all plants. Torch first b/c its easy and then cut the roots. Next step, is chemical. Vinegar and salt solution or weed killer.

Dinner. Homemade pancakes < homemade ? like what else would it be, we didn't go out > Sorry, from scratch is the term.
Delicious. Mine w/ cornsyrup and M uses fake maple syrup thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment