Thursday 29 July 2021

Thorsdaag

 or tour day

Pretty gloomy out there for 6:30 AM

Checked at CBC online. Covid 19 and CV 19 response is a mish mash of vax / unvax, mask / no mask, we're OK / bleeding disaster

Canadians among travellers not acceptable in the UK. I think its our dollar or our beer. The English have this      ' ale ' is the only beer worth drinking mania. Lager is for unknowing dupes of the brewing industry.

Def :a beer (such as a bock or pilsner) that is brewed at cool temperatures by slow fermentation with a slow-acting yeast (especially Saccharomyces pastorianus synonym S. carlsbergensis. And bottom up fermentaion

Whereas :Ales are created through top fermentation, a process in which yeast ferments at warmer temperatures and settles at the top of the beer

Further, Googling. The story of my life. I like beer. And I try as many different ones in travelling.

Anecdotes.
1. In England circa 1999, I decided to find my favourite beer in pubs. Da da ! Carling Black Label Supreme. To be quickly told ' its bloody Belgian ' - thats an Oops !

2. CAMRA or Campaign for Real Ale definitely looks down on Lagers - called optimistically ' Euroswill ', see the ' bloody Belgian ' reference above

And I love my lagers but ales are OK, too. A very Canadian approach, BTW

Day is not getting better.

Computers. Our Dell Studio < aka, the big computer > is flashing its little side lights where we plug in the power.

The windows say 100 % battery but little messages pop up as in ' battery low ' or ' battery level critical '.Now, we use the Dell plugged in 24 / 7 which is not advised. Well, we've been doing that for 12 years.
I actually, expected the Dell to go south, years ago. However, back then my backup laptop ran Windows. Today, everything other than the Dell Studio is a ' Chromebook ' and some older gadgets only run using Windows or Mac etc.
The situation is getting better but for another few years < months ? > I may need Windows ro get new gadgets.
Lets see " Dear, dearest M, I need to replace some stuff b/c the aged, decrepid gadgets need Windows and the Dell Studio is dead.

Poring rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment