Monday 30 August 2021

Afghanistan And Our Election

 Ooops ! You don't plan for barn burners. But get them anyway. " Canada has abandoned interpreters and local aides " reads the headlines

A rainy day is shaping up < at least it poured overnight - thunder etc >

Gray conditions out there w/ sun starting to peep through.
I began the process of replacing deck boards. The deck is approx 23 yrs old now. I've replaced two rails and 2 deck boards. This damaged area is where there is no overhang from the roof and I guess takes a beating. This next stage is 5 deck boards. Hoping, of course, that the frame members are still solid.

Okay. Step 1 - accomplished for $ 50. Boy, 16 ft is long - the one board overhung the tailgate by almost 3 ft.

I reconnoitered the deck situation and practiced by taking out a short deck board. I'm mentally calculating how to repalce the 5 boards. Obviously, different lengths and how to save cuts etc. BTW, I was sweating jsut doing the small board piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment