Sunday 15 August 2021

Ruining the Economy < post #3122 >

 Amazon has informed ' your item has shipped ' [ in one day ]

FYI, a wireless mouse and keyboard - yes, it replaces the wonky keyboard from the spill. Yepper, somehow liquid got into some circuit.
This new keyboard is shorter than the one that I've been using - it will pack better for travel - and the present keyboard doesn't fit the carry case that I use in the house to organize the Duet computer stuff.

Sun is bursting out aujourdhui. Drier weather has set in.

Ruining the economy - b/c Amazon et al w/ free delivery and same day shipping etc - raised consumer expectations and horizons.
The net result, is the demise of local vendors < how do you compete w/ free delivery and low prices >. And the ultimate poorest combination is instant delivery and small purchases < i.e. one item >

However, I wouldn't know where to go to match the Amazon assortment or price. Now, this keyboard could be crap. Reviews are better than average and for $ 30, I'll take a flyer.
I was going to wait and find a keyboard where I could see it etc.

However, since the wetted keyboard is definitely not coming back, time to bite the bullet.

The day is warm and dry w/ a compensating breeze

Delivered on time by Amazon.

So, review. Pre-charge both keyboard and mouse via USB cable [ beware that mouse cannot charge on high power i.e. over 0.5 A whereas a lot of chargers put out 2.5 A at 5V ]. Keyboord and mouse are re-chargeable { good and bad - easy but more things could go wrong }
The keyboard is smaller w/ no numeric pad and some weird shortcuts.
But as stated I've got used to usiing a keyboard w/ the Duet [ as opposed to being in tablet mode, handier but not for me ]

My evaluation is - good choice

However, seems like a good feel and spacing. Mouse is low profile and comfortable.

Reviews state that the charge lasts a good while. So far, touch wood, the charge time seems to be approx 2 h. The comapny is called Inphic and their products seem dependable and as advertised. AND, in the Amazon description, the colour was ' rose - gold ' not my first choice and I tried changing the colour in the picture - nope. In the end, Inphic or Amazon sent a slate gray on silver keyboard -happy here.

And yes, the compact Inphic keyboard is easy to use < I even make the same mistakes that I make on the full size keyboard < this is a good thing ? >

At the Tiger, got crumpets and beef /pork burgers < traditional blend > and the cashier asks ' will you donate a dollar to Children s Help Line ? '
' sure ' then she hands me a ballot and says ' you're in the draw for a gift basket ' - neat. But I donated just to donate. Oh well. I cound always give the basket to the Cedarbrae Community Church < Salvation Army affiliate >


No comments:

Post a Comment