Friday 13 August 2021

Somewhere

 the sun is shining ..... but not in Mudville

b/c Mighty Casey has struck out " from the poem, you know

Unofficially, Canada has entered wave 4 of CV 19. I'm not sure who makes it official but hospital Senior Admin says ' Yes '

I wear a Tilley hat, same style since that weekend we were married. We each took $ 100 from our gift money and bought something. I saw the Tilley down at the waterfront market and bought it. Cost $ 25. Tilley Co. replaces the hat free of charge. But if the hat is lost then you are out of luck. Yes, I've lost a  Tilley twice now. The last replacement was $ 80. 
In total, I've paid $ 165 to wear a Tilley for 34 yrs. And I mean 34 yrs. The Tilley travels, fishes, toils and protects my head.
First loss was in 2008 when the Tilley flew off my head in Lake Chemung< that was # 3 >
. Next, was 2015 < # 4 > when the Tilley got left in a cab. No luck in ' lost and found.

The day is smoker - heat and humidity w/ slight wind

Oh, its official - 4 th wave CV 19 is here. Medical Officer of Health said it on TV

Many areas of Canada are walking back on some openings for CV 19
e.g. mask removal - not happening

Alright, why the Tilley talk. Well, Tilley Co.used to let you keep the worn out hat. The clerk put an ' X ' inside your hat - for returned. Thus, you kept the old one and got a new one.
I wore the old hat to rags. I was gifted a ' Field and Stream ' similar hat but it was too small. I tried opening it up a bit but not a success.

Today, I cut the top off of ' Field and Stream ' and sewed the top onto the rim of the old Tilley hat. Not pretty but its a spare for fishing and working.

Better than wasting that 'Field and Stream ' hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment