Saturday 21 May 2022

" Changes "

 was a tune that I recall from ' O Lucky Man ' a 1970 s film that was a tiny bit weird - like a ' Clockwork Orange ' w/out as much violence. Barely.

An English series called ' Heatbeat ' focusses on life in a small village near Whitby, UK. Likely set in the 60 's ( ? ). The final song was ' Changes ' as I mentioned.
Then M, chimes in w/ ' why are they playing ' What a Friend I Have in Jesus '
WHAT ! was my reply. M thinks that its exactly the same tune.

Alan Price of the Animals wrote the music for ' OLucky Man ' starring Malcolm McDowell and directed by Lindsay Anderson

from which we get the lyrics 
' poor people stay poor people
b/c they never get to see
that someone has to win
in the human race
and if it isn't you
then it got to be me '

" so smile while you're faking it
laugh while you're taking it

and nobodys gonna know " From the Politicians Handbook 101

Alright. I've been getting a little introspective the last week. Its getting ugly.
Will Rogers had the line ' I was thinking about my shortcomings but you can't get much of a start in ten minutes '

And Winston Churchill had the quote ' A man who doesn't change his mind
seldom changes anything '

" you can't teach an old dog, new tricks " but can an old dog improve
now thats the real question

I'm drinking my new - go to beer. Eagle IPA from the UK. IPA s are not my first choice. IPA s are bitter. However, I found this one and am sticking to it, for now. It s comparable in price to Yeungling < U.S. >

Yeungling is approx $0.90 per can converted to Cdn, or $ 1.20.

But its a smaller can than the 500 ML Eagle. So call it 1.80
Then its here. at 2.53. BTW there is a deposit that we lose as well.

Our recycling won't take U.S. cans < give me a break ! its all aluminum > b/c we didn't pay for the deposit here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment