Friday 27 May 2022

Wildflowers

 are now planted under our bedroom window - street side

Recall : The landscapers removed interlock from the area west of the front door and grassed the area. They left an apron under the baywindow out for about 4 ft.

Grass wasn't going to grow there anyway. The thought was to plant low bushes. However, in a fit of something - I decided that ' wildflower mix ' is a good alternative.
Colour and more herbage for pollinators results. Bushes would be easier to tend. I limited the planting area to a ribbon 18 inches wide and not under the eaves or baywindow. Hoping rain would water the new wildflowers

We shall see said the Zen Master

Post - fishing tackle swap, I re - organized the plastic baits. I'm an expert at re - organizing. Not much else but surely that. Apparently, my system breaks down under the categories of ' worms ' and ' stickbaits. Technically, worms are flexible and stickbait are not. There were definitely some cross over. I think that they could be termed ' hybrids '

Ah, my problems ! " All god s chilllun' got trouble "

AND, the ribbon of wildflower bedding was watered by the rain. Step 1.
Now, will any flowers actually grow. There is supposed to be profusion of colour and smell. Yeah bees and birds, maybe !

Lunch is take out  today. I drove  the 4 miles to California Sandwiches, a circuitous route to avoid construction. These are large sandwiches and really, 1 for both of us would do. However, what the ' hey' - we can splurge, or overindulge, I guess.

California - A No 1. Listen. Maybe, we were desperate. BUT meat galore and tasty. As well, walking away from Calif. , I thought ' by the lb, best deal going ' that was a heavy bag. To be fair, the veal cutlet is deep fried, still bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment