Wednesday 18 May 2022

What Does the Day Hold

in store

We shall see said the Zen Master

This is an open day. Jobs are minor. Return one pail of Asphalt Black Top and drop off empties from our liquor habit. All in the same parking lot area. Very convenient that.

Our weather is coolish for another day and heat starts to build back in for the weekend. This weekend coming is called the ' May two - four ' weekend. It used to be called ' Queen Victoria ' day to honour the queen, now just ' Victoria ' day. Also, the holiday fell quite often on May 24 but living in Canada - a lot of two - fours were consumed or cases of beer .
Oh, we barbecue a lot as well, this weekend

Chores : bottle empties returned

              sealer returned

             soda cylinder exchanged for ' soda stream '

" Soda Stream system " was a  Xmas present, three yrs ago. Inititally, I used the system approx once a week. Now, however, its more like 4 times a week [ at least ]. As well, there are ' flavours ' - I bought ' ginger ale ' and ' pepsi ' bottles. Neither is my cup of tea.

The aftermath : sealer application. Overall, looks like someone tried to black top the drive. Up close, though, many defects or pits are visible. The spray crew produce more uniform results [ at first blush ], but wait, two weeks - same pits and white spots.
I will go out and do a spot re - do. Within,the month...... This morning, I checked some pits. I flicked my finger in and out - yes, dirt flew from the pit. Actually, how you would get rid of that dirt while washing down the driveway ?  - dunno !

One of  life's sweet mysteries. Like. Why is Eagle IPA, so satisfying ?

Dunno. But I'm a  happy camper. I'm an 'Eagle fan ' !

I mentioned that I'm not an IPA devotee. In fact, I'm not an anything devotee. Good beer, is good beer. The taste of the moment - is the rule.

' Malt does more than Milton for the human soul ' or real close by A. E. Housman

" And malt does more than Milton can to justify God s ways to man "

is the real quote. I got the message, more or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment