Sunday 15 May 2022

" Something toTalk About

 #3 389

how about you ' goes the song

" Let s give them something to talk about " ???? 

Reminiscing, on the first day of fishing. As reported, the day was a joy.

In past years, the E Tec has balked on starting. The trolley has jammed or the rail bent by ice precluded passing a point. I tell friends - been there, done that.

To be fair, many improvements have been made. Much knowledge has been accumulated. After all, the boat and railway have had 14 years to build up problems.

If I write this blog for me then I should profit by the writing by using this blog to focus on problems. Sometimes seeing the words has a bigger impact on me then only running it through my head.

Reminder : add Seafoam to the boat gas tank. Maybe, not the be all or end all for problems but - the Seafoam is doing something right. You can't believe everything that you see on YouTube. The upshot is that Seafoam gets labelled ' miracle ' or unbelievable.
I am not saying miracle but since I added the Seafoam, the engine runs a dream. 
Recall that, I found info in the owner's manual [ yes, last year !!! ] that explained proper starting procedure. That probably helped as well. But Seafoam costs $ 13 per can. And engine overhaul is $ 1 400, at a minimum. See. 

Reminder to self. The day after fishing, an easy day at home  is allowed for 72 year olds. This break is to rest the knee and all other body parts. Allowed -no !!! Required

Required is the operative word. 

Truth be told, this day off is totally against my father s way of living.
In fact ,living down, good ol' dad s image, has been a trial. M has been a great friend and advisor but she is fighting an ingrained bias vis a vis my dad.

And I'm relaxed and re - hcarging my batteries and resting the knee


No comments:

Post a Comment