Monday 20 November 2023

🌚 blew in the face

 🌚  a taste of 32 out there

sunny is promised but much colder than yesterday

final pre - winter chores are on tap
maybe a gutter blow out [ if not frozen up there ]

we shall see said the Zen Master

a synopsis : I decided to get my butt in gear at 9:20 AM
E ... was coming over to help blow out the gutters
Firstly, I got up to the gutters that I could reach w/ a ladder just to see how much ice and stuck leaves there were [really cold last night ]
Yes,  pretty iced up at the bottom of the gutters

I built an igloo to protect the electrical set up for the roof heating coils. I used plywood that the neighbour had left out for pick up [ I picked it up ].
I knew that the leafblower would be easier starting if it was warm. I brought the leaf blower into the front hall. Really, 35 F vs 70 F - not even a contest. Of course, the leafblower would start better.

E.. came over to help. However, E ... has been constantly willing to help. Recall, his uncle did the starter repair on the E Tec. Just in case, I used the coupon for a bucket of chicken [ 20 pc ] and fries at Kentucky Fried . 

E .. came over as promised and we did the gutters [ I held the leafblower and he did the work ]. The plan was that I would take E .. for a meal after as a thankyou.
Aha ! he was going fishing after the gutters
Perfect. Handed him the bucket of chicken - he was happy. A snack before fishing

Good planning was all

So, mostly, ready for winter


No comments:

Post a Comment