Thursday 3 May 2012

BBQ -triviata

The BBQ is fixed. You will recall, free replacement burner, no screws. As it turns out the screws would have been barely adequate. The guaranteed for life, cast body of the BBQ had the screw openings partly disintegrated. Even using bolts w/ a lock washer, the washer caught the edges just enough. I would have needed some kind of washer w/ the screws if they were provided.

Finally, when I checked  prices before I discovered the warranty, the burner was $ 76 U.S. free shipping from the states.
The invoice that came w/ the burner says $ 34 ( N.C.) and of course, the $ 15 that I paid for shipping from Waterloo, On.  I could have driven to Waterloo and back for $ 20.

To-day, lunch was a veal cutlet sandwich, the best in Scarborough, according to my barber... Tony, what else could he be named. The veal was good but not the best. I may lose my barber over this difference of opinion. T has been the guy for 20 years. My previous barber was Tony ( different guy ). So far this year, the best veal cutlet sandwich came from Buona Pizza in St Pete Bch.

The Story
About 5 years ago, at the pool in St PB I was lamenting the lack of veal cutlet sandwiches as I was used to in Scarberia. A lady dressed for the airport and waiting to leave, later in the day, heard the plaintiff call and said " Go to the pizza restaurant in Dolphin Village."

That aft I convinced M, lunch could be veal cutlets. We turn up and bingo-bango, up jumps the lady from the pool.
Maria or Josephina.. whatever, walks to the counter and starts to order in Italian , asking questions in English concerning my preferences.  They charged me $7.99, fantastic. Since then, they charge me anywhere from 8.99 to 10.99 depending on who is serving. The veal sandwich isn't on the menu. So, M and I try to guess what they'll charge.

This is sandwich and fries. I'm guessing I'd be willing to pay 12 before I complained. Actually, if they told me in advance, I might go as high as 14.  Please do not tell Buona staff, how much I'd be willing to fork over.
BTW, I normally, take home 1/2 a sandwich and 1/2 the fries.

Crikey, I ate an hour ago and I'm hungry again.

Speaking of hungry, as a sequitor, I'm into buying size 38 pants, funny the legs are still 30 inches-  only the waist is changing. At Costco or stampede alley most days ( this week the line was only 3 people which is amazing ) I found stretch jeans. The material stretches all over. Once washed the pants fit great. I will not go to 40. Of course, I probably, said not 38, five years ago.
More of me to love, M ? right

I suppose that I'll buy a month's subscription to Army Vision so I can watch JHU v Army on Saturday. Last game of the season, and then play-offs. Monday May 7 is seeding day, for lax. then the whining and moaning / whining and moaning begins. I only moan and gnash my teeth a little b/c I am older and wiser and seen it all. Not really, but its good to keep my blood pressure in the normal range.

No comments:

Post a Comment