Sunday 13 May 2012

Sun in Hayes

Started out slow, and ramped up the day.
Our hosts drove me ( us ) out to Richmond, a tonier area of outer London. Our goal was to take a picture of me, standing in front of the sign of a restaurant w/ my last name.
Turns out that it is upscale ( read expensive ) sushi joint. At £ 2 a piece of sushi... it qualifies as upper end market for sure.

Next, the local ( The Brook House ) for Sun football and a pint.  SRO, of course and warm and sticky, tres loud. I lasted 1/2 and left my host lined up for a beer.
I figured one more beer and I'd pass out.
 Arsenal and WBA tied at 2.  How we could lose to a team nicknamed the Baggies I'll never know. But we were tied.

Apparently, when the sun comes out the Londoners put on their shorts and tough it out. It isn't that warm. Maybe, light sweats but not warm.

Introduced K ( host ) to Songs of the Auverigne by Canteloube, Laura Nyro and Dr. Buzzards Original Savannah Band. An eclectic mix for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment