Tuesday 27 November 2012

Don't look now....

you missed the boat.   or something

Denture day. first ,we get to the denture place - Sir, this is a bridge. Oops, need to see the dentist.
We call the dentist and - we can see you in about 15 minutes.
The bridge has been destroyed - its been broken twice. Thus it fell out.
At the dentist, Mom won't open her mouth. She doesn't know what you are asking.
We take one x-ray, the dentist holding the digital scanner in his hand.
Mom won't hold still w/ the scanner in her mouth.
Not good, two roots and a part tooth need removing on the top.

On the bottom, no x-ray, b/c Mom was biting my fingers while I tried to hold the scanner ( my turn ) several teeth should be extracted.

This is getting better and better.

After discussing possibilities and of course , impossibilities, the fill in dentist ( Mom's former dentist is on holiday ) suggests we wait til the real dentist comes back.

We are no further ahead but we now know part of the score.
Guesstimating $ 10 K all in. And 6 visits to the dentist and denturist ( only if we get lucky, will it be the denturist ).

I actually asked the question - what if we do nothing ?
The dentist nodded his head and said - I understand

So, I goofed by not doing something right away. But the ' fill in dentist '( love that, fill in dentist, neat, eh ) would have suggested waiting for ' mr real ' dentist anyway.

And I'm a genius. Taking the helper was brilliant. Gelan helped all the way. We get back to the nursing home and Gelan takes  Mom straight to the dining room for lunch. 

Did I tell you our mayor is about a wink away from getting impeached for misappropriate conduct. Mayor Ford has 12 days to ask for a stay of sentence or review of the decision.

weather cold but spots of bright  not uncomfortable really

I told a friend that I was looking for an unlocked phone for the States. He got in an accident prior to our trip to Vegas, the phone was locked in his car in the impoundment lot. We bought the Tracfone in Vegas but he gave me the i-phone anyway.

The i-phone has 20 apps ( of which I'll use 2 ). I'm learning how to work it. Stuff slides all over the screen and I almost can turn it on.
It has Blu tooth and WiFi ready.
More later, once I make it work.
This i-phone, the first, cost $500 in the States from an Apple Store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment