Friday 16 November 2012

In This World

In Buddhism, we approach Life w/ the belief that life is ' dukha ' or suffering.

My back is cramping. Pourquoi you ask.
I spent the afternoon reaching up under the sink uninstalling the faucet and re-installing its replacement.

2 blogs,  ago,  kitchen faucet is spurting. Long story, new cartridge, success.

Thurs PM - yepper, another gusher

Fri - early at the HomeDepot. " oh you need a washer kit " this no charge ( remember Moen )

Washers don't fit

Back to the Depot ( Harry and I recognize each other on sight ) " oh , grease the rings and put them on, they get distorted through use "

No way, Jose..... something about an elephant through the eye of a needle.

Back to the depot ( take the old washers ) ' those aren't Moen washers    Swear curse swear.

But.   I've got the barrel of the faucet  " oh thats a Moen "

Buy a bleeding faucet, couldn't stand the agro.

Thus its 3 hrs looking and reaching under the sink.

The lunacy - I'm on line looking at an ' Adler ' faucet diagram ( thats my new model ). its the diagram I've been using to repair the old faucet.
Part way through trying to figure out how to take out the old faucet - I realize -  the internet diagram has a newer cartridge but the same fittings that I'm taking out from under the sink.

I'm keeping all the destructions that came w/ the 'new' faucet.

Alright its done.  My back is done.

And, last night playing cards, I get a call from home. " the nursing home called about your mother's dentures "
Call the nursing home. " They found your mother's dentures in her food on her plate ". I said ' at least they're not broken '
The reply ' yes , that s right ". 

Now we know. The dentures are damaged.

OMG. So nice , communicating in English.

Spent the morning, phone to the dentist ( their phone system is on the fritz and only takes messages and doesn't ring in the office )
Phone to Denture Clinic. 

Going back and forth to Home Depot.

Excedrin headache # 109 and counting

Dukha. dukha dukha

No comments:

Post a Comment