Monday 12 November 2012

What You Should know...

.... or not

Last week at the QMH, things went bump in the night... literally. Heard a noise and figured, ah, wind ( in the willows )

Getting ready to leave, I notice the baseboard heater is off the wall. Bump.

Turns out the installer chap ( not moi ) used 2 screws straight into the drywall. It didn't hold.

So, I'm there both holding the heater up and trying to put in screws. The aperture would take 2 fingers.  Swear ,cuss swear, trust me they heard the noise in Schenectady.

I couldn't hold the screw on the screwdriver in the small space.

I went to wall anchors that are self screwing and I had bought hex head screws that sit on the nut driver much better than other screws.

Tada, finito - don't count the first 45 min.

Now, bear in mind that I've had those hex heads for 2 years and the nut driver set for 1 1/2 yrs. But at QMH, things like falling heaters are going to happen.

Did I tell you about this before... oh hell, maybe you forgot too.

Or you can compare stories to see if it sounds the same... sort of like when they interrogate spies. Say, as in " Tinker, Tailor... ' there's a sequitor for you. 

The weather brought to you by you neighbourhood financial consultant ( who is desperately trying to stay in business ) B/c really no one is in an investing mood.

Warm w/ showers and rain, heavy at times, thunder but rapidly cooling now and overcast.
It was sunny this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment