Sunday 25 November 2012

Earl Grey, tea and cups

The first part of this blog may contain untruths.

To-day, 2 Canadian football teams vie for the Grey Cup. The GC is emblematic of the Canadian football championship. This Earl Grey also got a tea blend named after him  ( which is way more famous )

The numbers : attendees 50 thousand , viewers 3 - 5 million , purse - likely 400 thousand.

Our league the CFL runs on a totally different scale than the NFL.
An ex- American college player and NFL-er, holds the professional record for most yards passing and the large bulk of the yds were gained in Canada ( Warren Moon ).

We'll watch for sure. Our team the Argos are playing the Calgary Stampeders.

To-day is no warmer but drearier for sure.

Oh, BTW, a movie review. I watched ' the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel ' both ways on the Vegas flights. If you're a follower ( all 3 of you ) you'll know it would not be uncommon for me to re-watch a movie. However, in my defence the sound was so poor through the audio system on the plane, I wanted to listen to the dialogue.
IMHO ( this means I am a whore---  no it doesn't, In My Humble Opinion ) tBEMH is what movies should be. The cast is a collage of some of the best supporting actors in England and also Dame Judi Dench.
One example is Bill Nighy. I'm sure BN has been known for  a long time but I've just noticed him in the last 3 or 4 years. In one scene, BN stands and listens - I thought he even stands acting.

Go see it. If you don't enjoy it , blame me.
I think its always better to blame someone else. its never true but we all feel better when its not our fault.

BTW - we were on a Canadian plane flying over U.S. air space and far enough from the border that the satellite system was out of range.
The company let us watch pay TV for free.

I passed up ' Dark Knight, some kids thingy and saw a bit about two CIA dudes using espionage to get a girl to like them '. The last is why you shouldn't go to the movies. As they say at the tables, Craps.

No comments:

Post a Comment