Sunday 4 November 2012

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier......

Borrowed the BBC production of TTSS, from a neighbour.
This vidoe is somewhat dated and stars Alec Guiness, plus a whole lot of people who became household names in the U.K. .
I saw the modern ( Gary Oldham  ) version. both were way better than average for what passes as good movie going fare.
The modern too slick and the older ( AG ) too slow and...

My problem is / was I listen to ' Smiley's People ' the sequel to TTSS w/ John LeCarre narrating.
The voice is everything, on the audio tape , of course, but I've created a George Smiley in my mind. Along w/ the other characters common to both TTSS & SP.

Alec Guiness is superb but too forceful or confident and Gary Oldham not chubby enough.

SP features an older George and longer out of service or re-service. George has been let go in TTSS and re-hired to babysit the 'Circus ' and then let go in the new ' re-deployment '. George is brought back in SP, to capture '  Karla '.

Weather is dull w/ a promise of sun ( ???? yeah, waiting )
sometime to-day.

M hosted a girls' afternoon lunch and cards. These girls are high school friends. The aft went swimmingly w/ smiling faces.

This week-end is odd for me b/c I am in transition from fishing mode to peacetime ( or whatever , its called when I'm not fishing ).  I'm finding chores to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment