Thursday 22 August 2013

Bit Disaster

Wow , the hotspot debacle continues. The billing cycle starts on the 15 th of the month. On the 'bee , I figured clear the emails and nothing else and the 100 Mb would almost make the month.

It became clear why we go over the 100 Mb limit. Its too small !
In two times using the mobile hotspot for internet , we used 43 Mb.
Most likely , a update was installed , bingo bango , 20 Mb of data.
I know , I know - they're dying in Syria and Egypt , yada , yada.
Still this is a local dilemma.

Our weather , has settled on being summer. Humidity is low and the temperatures are reasonable. Rain comes every few days. We will not complain.

Health matters. A sore knee. Nothing major , warm pack in the morning - ice pack after exercising. Comes w/ the territory , Age.
Notice , I can still do my exercise.
However , if you had told me 20 yrs ago this was going to be my exercise , I would have laughed and pooh poohed the limited cardio.
So , exercise regimen , now. 33 minutes ( average ) , on the elliptical machine.

After a two minute warm-up , slow on the machine
30 push ups
2 min ellipticing ( a new word , don't know what other verb to use )
10 # hand weights pushed overhead / chest raises w/ a 35 # barbell
2 min ellip
barbell push from chest overhead / chest raises bent at waist
2 min ellip
barbell curls and extensions overhead
2 min ellip
barbell push overhead behind the neck / wrist grips for range of motion
2 min ellip
hand weights runners arm swing 17 per side
ellip - 8 min
punches and arm range of motion (behind the back etc )
using resistance bands - rowing
resistance band - leg swings out lateral
lighter bands arm side raises
leg raises - on the floor

I use a heart rate monitor but its results are sometimes questionable.
I average 116 BPM w/ a range where the high is 150 BPM. This average includes the warm up and cool down.
This regime is done 3 times a week and if I'm feeling guilty , I elliptic on off days.
I used to do the routine above , 4 days in a row w/ one day of rest.
However, I told the physio lady for my next door neighbour what I did and she suggested every other day even if the weights weren't large. So , I backed off slightly.

However , 20  yrs ago - this is stupid , how can I compare now w/ 20 yrs ago

This is my exercise !

On tap , well , we were supposed to go to the CNE this year. For the southern readers , the Canadian National Exhibition , is your fall fair blown up beyond belief. The grounds stretch 3 miles along the lake and 3/4 of a mile from the shore.
We have never been as a married couple , 26 yrs. I keep promising to go w/ M but................. Part of this yearning , is nostalgia.
As a kid , you used to go twice. I mean Kids Day was free.
You clipped coupons and saved your money.
You came home w/ little shopping bags filled w/ candy and flotsam and jetsam.

You walked through the Food Building at least 4 times. The grounds held at least 10 buildings for Modern Living , Hydro , Livestock etc. I said blown up , didn't I.

This year was for sure. Nope , we're chickening out again , it seems
Just as well , the new food sensation kiosk  the Cronut Burger , was closed due to fear of food poisoning.
A Cronut Burger ? croissant outside and meat patty, deep fried and coated w/ sugar sprinkles and maple / peanut butter glaze. Yeah , it could make you sick.
They officials are still testing but the authorities have pretty much narrowed down the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment