Friday 9 August 2013

Rituals

Last night as usual , somewhere around 10 PM I stepped out the front door and peeked to see if the garage door was closed. Paranoia - you bet. If M is last in, for sure the garage is closed. Moi , well you check at 10.
In fact ,this week , the neighbour 2 doors down had 3 bicycles walk away from his garage. Thus , the 10 o'clock check. As well , I note the conditions and observe the moon , I sort of announce my presence - thats a line from the movie 'Bull Durham '.

Yesterday , returning from the 'bee ,we stopped at Amigo's Pub for mid-day or afternoon lunch. I chose the 1/2 price nachos. For calories and fat content there would appear to be better options.
Except that we've been watching re-runs of 'Diners , Drive-ins and Dives' , a go behind the counter look at restaurant life. Trust me ,when the patrons say ' like my mom used to make ' or ' best goulash           
 in Seattle ' its clear butter on the grill or thrice cooked in oil - even deep fried once.
I mean they put olive oil in the marinara sauce right before serving.

Trust me nachos is if not reasonable then on a par w/ most choices.
Now , that your convinced ,I feel much better.

Hey, to-day ,we go to Target. Why ? Dunno. M says she's going.

BTW - thespacebaronthekeyboarddoesn'tworkunlessyoureally thunk ithard.

No comments:

Post a Comment