Saturday 24 August 2013

Giant Tiger and Serendipity

Here in the GWN , its hard for us to get the same deals that we see when we 're in the U.S.. We don't have Kohls and our Target has prices closer to Canadian stores than U.S. stores.

We do have Giant Tiger. Giant Tiger is cheapy.  Brand names , and crap too , but above all cut rate prices.
M calls it my store. In smaller towns throughout S. Ont , we would chance upon GT s and I would have to stop and shop. Well , they opened a branch about a mile away. I do the Giant Tiger about every 3 weeks or so.
Got out early this morning and hit the Tiger as it opened. Me and the pensioners.

The highlight so far , has been buying Birthday and Xmas presents for a friend. The friend is from my grade school days , high school and university. He is our family lawyer , to boot. We still exchange gifts .

A big sports fan and hockey researcher , this would be a no brainer in terms of gifts. NO.
I end up searching for obscure names.
GT has solved my dilemma . To -day at GT , I purchased hooded sweat tops w/ names ' Furman Univ , Louisiana Tech and Belmont Univ '. Not exactly household names. This represents his dream gifts , obscure.

So I do , obscure.

As well, I'm designing a wall unit and storage array for QMH on the ' Bee. A little bit creative and whole lot of cheap. M courageously puts up w/ my ' inspirations ' . Sometimes almost OK , other times .... well.
And GT has been providing the elements of the design. Pics to follow.

And GT contributes a movie review. ' Serendipity ' is a John Cusack movie w/ Kate Beckensaale.
KB does not wear leather or shoot anyone , and there are no vampires either. Co-star is Jeremy Piven. JP proves once more why , he may be one of the best supporting actors around.
' Serendipity ' is another vehicle for John Cusack to do his best imitation of John Cusack. I enjoy it.
Serendipity gets a 0.7 out of 1 ( Redbox rating ) , and it cost $5.

Further , I'm recommending that you go on ' YouTube ' and listen to Rene Fleming sing ' Touch the hand of Love ' w/ YoYo Ma and friends. Then , look up Mary Hopkin , the Welsh singer doing ' Jerusalem ' or ' Did those Feet in Ancient Times ' the unofficial National song of England.

And I'm listening to covers of John Denver's ' Welcome to My Morning ' , from 'Farewell Andromeda '
JD was born John Dussendorf  ,the son of an Air Force career officer. He sang w/ the Kingston Trio in his early years and then it big w/ the hippie or post hippie crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment