Thursday 8 August 2013

O/night radio

OK More stuff that I might have heard listening in my sleep.

Germans prefer bottle water over tapwater ,in fact,the German preference has caused large supply problems. The water tables throughout Germany are very high. One wonders if the floods  that seem more common now in Germany , are partly caused by insufficient absorption in to the ground. Plastic recycling is enormous in the larger Germany cities.

Canadian housing permits  are down 10 % , the first quarter in many years that permits have been down.

Weather , continues mild and enjoyable.

Fishing , friends were up on Mon, a long exhausting day.Several fish , but the highlight was a walleye that hit in the first 10 minutes.
An early fish seems to be a good omen.

Tues., I  was fishing hung over , so to speak , I switched from the normal rigs that I use. I went lighter ,way lighter. A #1/0 worm hook instead of a # 4 /0 or 5/0 , 2 beads and 1 sm splitshot. Instead of a 6 in worm , I split a worm lengthwise and lengthwise again , cut the section about 2 in long and made a ' V ' tail. I was so cheap that I re-used a beat up worm from Mon.
Success , smll mouth and lrg bass jumped all over the make believe set- up. On top of that , I went with a light rod and reel w/ 6 #test line. Pure fun. Did the same thing , this AM too.

So , what is a normal rig. 7 ft synthetic rod and a 2000 series reel.
Typically , braided line  14 # test w/ 12# flourocarbon leader + a # 4/0 or 5/0  wormhook. FYI , these bass wormhooks compare in size to wine corks in length and depth.
This set-up pulls bass from under wood piles and through weeds.
The lighter set up means going to the fish if the fish runs into the weeds.

BTW. the mornings have gotten progressively warmer. Once , that sun gets up , its hot out there.

As well , I've started fishing early morning 6 or so if I can get up ( or close , give or take ). I'm trying to avoid the end of day heat and the sun that slants in to my face after 6 PM. Facing away from the sun would be an option but I fish the shallows and the sun's angle makes for long shadows at that time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment