Friday 30 August 2013

De-bunking the Bunk

Now , I'm not saying that we report only the Truth here , but w/in bounds , we try.
I've heard of the ' lone gunman theory ' , well I know the Lone Ranger , the jury is pretty much out on tLGT.
I do not believe in the ' lone ant ' theory. If you see 1 ant there are a gazillion just waiting in the wings ( or w/ wings )  I love how they call it a ' colony ' when there are ants.
The experts are wrong. Colonies are nice places. Applied to ants , there is nothing nice about a colony. Hope , new freedom and chance to re-build , Nope , not w/ ants around.

Then there is the ' I am a Luddite ' theory. There is some evidence , for this theory.
However , did you know that I own a negative , photo and slide scanner that turns different picture formats into digital format.
As well , I own a night camera and a palm size digital camera and the newest ....  Bios photo recording sunglasses. 

The sunglasses are unwieldly but have 400 UV protection and can record photos , videos and sound. Now , the sound is poor, I sound like Orson Welles after a really bad night. but then everyone sounds like OW w/ the lousy microphone and its placement.
I recorded a session w/ Nick the bank , my banking rep at CIBC.
The sunglasses were on sale  55 % off ( natch ,or I wouldn't have bought them ). For all sports , the sunglasses means handsfree recording , say , landing a fish.
The sunglasses are plugged in via USB to a computer and after some minor fiddling , bingo bango , video.
My cheapy , travel laptop ( 10 inch ) runs Windows Starter 7 ,which is pretty much akin to having a typewriter but allows Windows Media Player to function.
I can upgrade to Windows Home Premium for $ 100. But I can buy a new tablet which comes fully loaded for $ 230. This situation represents the current consumer electronics conundrum.
The ' e-machine ' is 3 years old and cost approx $ 139 after bonus points. E - machine is 1 1/2 generations , out of date. At this point , waiting another year and buying a new tablet , makes way more sense.
Apparently , upgrading allows faster cycling time , and is much lauded by other small laptop owners. But I fear that they're interests in games and apps and social crappola , mostly drives their need for speed. ( this last sentence is almost poetic or messianic at least )
Besides , I'm cheap , we all know that.
Ah , maybe , all theories don't get de-bunked , this session

Weather , sultry and sunny. rain to come in 2 days for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment