Wednesday 14 August 2013

Veetaire veeya

The title is Ukranian ( or my memory of Ukrainian from H.S. days ) , meaning ' the wind is blowing '
This is the reason that I came home from the 'bee , way too windy !

And I am hosting a card game this week and thought that I'd come home and help get the house ready. I really don't do much but at least I can offer to help.

Dropped in at the Hastings marina. I kept saying that I would change out the spark plugs on the outboard. Well ,its been a year.
Now , the engine is running quietly etc and the rule is ' if it ain't broke don't touch it ' I still think , sparkplugs are pretty basic and necessary. Got a fuel filter too !.

This maintenance is suggested by the E-Tec website which is a bunch of guys who own or work on E-Tec engines. Most of their discussion goes ' whoosh ' right over my head. But I can figure out spark plug and filter.

Two years ago , at the marina , I asked about water in the fuel, a problem  that is frequently referred to on the E-Tec website.

The mechanic guy says ' where are getting all this , on some website ???? '. Well , yeah. ' Stop reading that stuff '. I thought that I was getting informed. The mechanic said ' you got other problems that are more real , forget this water stuff '.

So much for the web. The Holy Grail of ................   something.

The guys on the 'bee recommended changing the plugs vs the 3 yr maintenance check ( $ 500 , BTW ) , using the ' ain't broke , don't touch it ' rule. The fuel filter is my idea , web be damned , or me be damned - depending on your point of view

Weather : cool to very cool ( love it ) but too windy.

Our new 2 nd hand keyboard is large and comfortable w / a whole new top row of keys for : ' my documents , my pictures etc ' and I'm not touching any of those keys unless , Ant tells me what they do w/ them.

So , I'm off to clean

No comments:

Post a Comment