Tuesday 12 January 2016

Bama - Rama

..... no , not Bananarama
The Crimson Tide
not the movie either
For the 4 th time in 7 years the University of Alabama reached the zenith of the college football world.
The story : as a little 'un we would watch New Years day as college teams battled it out as we ate NY day food.... mostly Japanese although fried chicken seems to rank right up there w/ chow mein    ( yes, mommy's own )  , in my memories.
On the little screen (  or regular TV back then ) , I caught the Tide fever. Yes , Bear Bryant and the mystique of Alabama.
Cycle forward to JA 11 2016.
I wore my Alabama T - shirt to the pool
Did I watch the whole game... ? No , too scared or ..... well , worried
I went to sleep , no , went to bed and then jumped up 12 to see
a) Kenyon Drake run back a kick off 
b) the on side kick that worked
and the Tide hang on , at the end to beat  Clemson
The odds makers had 'bama , a 6 1/2 pt favourite , and ' bama did not cover the spread
Roll , TideRoll

David Bowie passed away at 69
Ennio Morricone won a Golden Globe award

No comments:

Post a Comment