Saturday 30 January 2016

We Are Not Alone

.....  not the spooky alien stuff , either

Last night , the MxPtrt showed a blinking green light from the LED indicator. I cleared messages checked phone calls. Still , the blinking light
Now , I may rail against the internet , and thats fair
But , in desperation , I Googled                
 ' blinking green light on cell phone '
Mega hits , came up
I went to the first , reference item

People reported the same annoying problem on android phones
There were many solutions , some quite original
After 3 tries , I found Gmail ' notifications ' and turned the notices off.
no green blinky........... yet
We are not alone

And , one item said to check ' running apps ' b/c these apps may update themselves or cause a notification to occur. Holey Kamoley Batman - there were 6 running apps , most associated w/ Google Play or somesuch. I've tried to close them down.
And the blinky came back
This time , I'm pretty sure it was a text message
However , how to turn off the ' text notification ,blinky  ' is harder

Thus , 2 things are apparent 
- a whole lot of people are dealing w/ a whole lot of information and learning w/ their android acquisition 
and BTW some of these phones are in the $600 range not $20
- the site that I went to , was one of 15 000 hits on the ' blinky ' topic. The site was called android central and they were not building robots. There is a need out there for a site such as this one.

Did you check your running apps , you'll be amazed whats going on in the background and according to the info at android central , sooner or later these apps will cause a problem

I'm approaching 1300 posts 
did anyone learn anything 




No comments:

Post a Comment