Wednesday 29 March 2017

An Age Thing

.......... no doubt

Recently , I  had lunch and drinks w/ a student who graduated in 1979. We had seen each other at my retirement do. However , on FaceBook we made contact.
A marvelous tete a tete.

And a girl that I dated in university ( I'm not sure , but it was a 3 month long association ) wrote a letter. The content was that she was a grandmother etc. The upshot was she recalls not treating me very nicely. Ah , yeah , no .... water that flowed under the bridge and ........... dunno

Is it FaceBook or age 

" is analysis really worthwhile , is the theatre really dead ? "
Paul Simon

Weather is partly everything , w/ a Texas low about to explode south west of us and bring snow / ice north of the GTA. Here in the city , the forecast is for rain and wind. Hey , we can do rain and wind.

We are selling the 'bee or the QuarterMile House ( QMH ).
Thus , the 8 yr mission to fish and enjoy will come to a close soon.

The thinking is that I'm 67 y.o. , in ten years can I still take care of 2 houses - no , not likely.
When we bought , I gave us a ten year window. At the end of that ten , we would re - evaluate. Early , but I don't want to get caught in a situation where selling is critical and physical stuff is hard.
Everyone wants perfect timing. Never , happens.

 I'm biting the proverbial bullet and letting go. And its hard to do.
B/c , I can still do things. But 77 , who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment