Friday 5 January 2024

☝ starting w/

 silliness ?  Cdn polar bears are testing positive

for Avian flu. The CBC blurb did not say that the bears have Avian flu or symptoms
however, yes, the bears test positive

I'll need to look into this narrative a bit closer

Next : gadgets in our house

here we go : I ran coils to the roof to prevent snow mound build up. The thinking was that snow accumulation started ' damming ' and the water got under the roof tiles [ metal ].
The coils seemed to work last year b/c despite snowfalls, after FE in 2023 - no drips inside
last year, I used an outdoor remote timer controlled from inside the nearest room to the timer
A... hearing me talk of this, bought me a remote timer that is WiFi ready. The picture means, use your phone to turn on the Smart Outlet outside

Nope. then A .. buys me a Wifi extender [ router amplifier ] to reach outside to the Smart outlet. This AM, I tried the Voice Assistant and got no result
Ah, but the App for the Smart outlet does work
Oops ! might be the Voice Assistant that can't reach outside

Well. Got the thing working

If you'd told me ten years ago [ wait ! 2 years ago ] that I'd be playing w/ Apps and Voice Assistant - never would have believed you

Thats me - kicking and screaming all the way to modernity or idiocy

No comments:

Post a Comment