Thursday 11 January 2024

䷡ wash [ ??????? ]

 wash ??????

the theme for the day is ' powerwash '. On a Chromebook as previously alluded to, the owner can ' powerwash ' the system.
the platform Chrome OS, is cloud based. Thus, very little ' management ' or control data is stored on the actual device. For me, right now, that is a Dell 5190.
The 5190 was meant for institutional use, i.e. schools.

The 5190 claims to be : drop proof from 6 ft. / resistant to spills up to 4 oz on the keyboard
and the Chrome OS platform is easy to oversee from a central admin device

research pre - purchase suggested that if I planned to operate ' 5 or 6 ' windows at one time - meaning multi tasking gone viral, then the 5190 was not for you [ note : I can't keep track if 3 windows are open   ... so go figure ]

During the last 5 yrs, we have gone from one Windows laptop and an E machine Chrome OS to three Chrome OS machines. The 5190 is the oldest

In the last 3 months, I have powerwashed each machine. As you may have seen, Gmail has developed a glitch such that only one email account can be accessed
oh, the machine recognizes that the account is there but will not display that account

Thus, powerwash. In my terms,
I get a new machine wiped clean of any add ons [ both wanted and unwanted ].
Warnings appear before you powerwash to back up important files.
In my case, files that are sent to me - go straight to cloud storage.
The cloud storage is not affected b / c cloud memory is not in the machine [ 5190 say ].

the bad.
If you powerwash, any custom features that you have managed often revert to default.
So, for me, I need to re - sign in extra accounts [ 2 ] by signing in w/ G mail.
 And a feature that I depend on is ' sticky keys '

Lets go.

 Sticky keys .... means, as I type, if I need ' shift, control, alt or search ' - I touch the key and it stays active until I type the letter or character. Example : to type uppercase, you would touch and hold ' shift ' 
Not me. I touch ' shift ' and shift stays active until I finish typing the next letter / character .
Sort of lazy man s shifting
OR / if you have trouble using 2 hands ' aha, touch the shift key and even 3 seconds later, shift is still active waiting for you to type '

means ' great power '

weather is dank and drear, we are going to see snow / rain / crap for three days. Type and amount will vary by a lot.

cruddy weather, made up of rain, snow and everything in between

We had our senior s Thur lunch at the Magic Noodle. I'm the only senior and A .. puts up w / me. Today, the special was ' beef Magic Noodle '. Then you get to pick a noodle type. Mine was the old traditional ' knife cut ' noodle. Instead of regular organized noodle shapes, knife cut is random resembling fragmented lasagna.
Anywho delicious, a fine meal




No comments:

Post a Comment