Tuesday 24 April 2012

Missing

So far, we missed the brunt of the storm.  We saw pictures from Cleveland, Oh and further north in Ont.
The corn gluten is well watered in by now, frozen but watered in.

BTW - " knight in shining armour  " lyric was the Stones, form the album ( yep, vinyl magic ) " Emotion " ? never got this one.

PP ( pet peeves ) this machine is a Dell Studio laptop 19 in. Complaint !  It seems to run down ( battery ) pretty quick. I guess I run the screen at " fairly bright " and I've seen that this power usage causes quicker run down time.  the setting is " balanced power " .   The icon tells you that 1h 15,  is 45 % power.  But that was just yesterday, I think.

A friend said that the best routine for the battery is to run the battery down and re-charge when the icon says to re-charge. I'm charging now. Actually, A , takes his battery out of the laptop and plugs it in. i'm not sure that I want to do that although, the laptop seldom gets used anywhere but inside a house or building w/ power access.

On the netbook, I decided to try  "power saver "mode and use a dimmer screen. I'm practicing for when I use " e -book " or Caliber to read a book on the netbook. Someone gave us 800 books on a thumb drive plus the " caliber " program.

My first download was " The rum diary " by H.S. Thompson.
The DVD was a disappointment. did I say this already ?
Apparently, the dimmer setting makes reading on the netbook easier on the eyes and saves power. assuming, of course, that you read a long time i.e. more than 1/2 h at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment