Monday 30 April 2012

Monday mornings always get me down

Sing it Karen - loved that voice.

This morning at the crack of dawn visited the Tilley store. Well, 10 actually, they keep normal hours. If you've seen me, you will know I wear a brimmed hat. It is a Tilley. Guaranteed for life, not to wear out. Of course, it does. They replace it free.

I bought the first Tilley T3, 25 years ago ( almost )on the day after our wedding, w/ money from the celebration. I paid $25 and M said " who pays $25 for a hat ? ". I kept taking hats back and got replacements. Then in 2008, the hat blew off and was lost in the lake. I bought a new one for $ 75.
Tilley also insures the hat for loss up to 5 years, and they pro-rate the loss.
This hat is now my tenth Tilley. And they let me keep the ' old one ' for a gardening hat.

If your keeping score and why would you, I'm 2 for 2 this AM. My burner came from the BBQ company. This burner is the free replacement ( see,  free replacement is the theme ). Of course, the bundle had no screws. The old ones were rustier than the burner unit. In fact the first screw that I tried to turn fell out. Maybe I could use wooden pegs and just replace them as they wear out.

The USILA poll results are out and JHU moved up 1 place to 10 th. In the final 16, the top 8 get home field advantage. It really is for Hop ( in May ). I was hoping for 5 th but that didn't happen. A # 10 placing in the final 16 will probably have JHU playing - Duke / Va / NC which is not good.

Weather here is coolish / dribbles coming down w/ rain predicted. Warm winds for the rest of the week have us shooting into the mid to
hi 70 s. Thats 21 C + but you readers are Americanos.

No comments:

Post a Comment