Monday 16 April 2012

Whew

Yes, we made it home. M has a cold or infection. I'm groggy.
Longer than on the way down ( 12.5 h )
We are definitely not long haul drivers. We got to Watertown at 5 ( just shy of the border ) and had to decide whether to stay overnight or try for home.
Thankfully M , drove from Watertown to Kingston, On and Denny's. Then she offered to drive til dark ( and fog ). I took over at 8 ish and made the spurt for home.
No wonder driving to Fla is tiresome. We reckoned that 2 days,  each like our Sun. drive home,  would not quite get us to Tampa. We still wound need 3 h or so.
I guess we'll fly again.
Meanwhile I borrowed a phone for the U.S. week end. On Thur night I tried to charge using the USB port on the laptop. Something happened and the Dell Studio 19 inch will not start Windows.
Unbelieveably, I created a back up thumb drive, sometime ago. I guess I'll use it. A friend who is much more conversant with computers will help re-boot / reload / re-start the beast.
Now, I'm wondering do I have a back up for the PC desk jobby.
Thankfully, if the PC goes down the biggest loss might be pictures but the pics are backed up twice ( thumb drive and CDs ).

Update 2012 7-18 Sunday night, we pulled up in Kingston gas / pee / eat not necessarily in that order. Hit the locate button on Rebecca ( she didn't get this name til England ) and she brought up ten restaurants and the distance and direction.
We opted for Denny's b/c I'm such a big spender. We are crawling into the techno age

No comments:

Post a Comment