Tuesday 10 April 2012

Tuesday calling

Finished watching " Seabiscuit ". Yep, teared up a bit. Its not my fault.

Back to social media, which I'm only part of b/c #1 I do this blog and some parts of the U.S. follow my meanderings
#2 I use the internet for e-mail and some of it is international.
Yeah, I'm not sure opening yourself up to strangers is smart. Friendly is good, however, not everyone out there is a friend.
Gian Gomeshi ( radio host CBC ) was interviewing a chap re: social media and what a person writes or airs. Unfortunately, what we as consumers put out there gets read as a summary of who you are. What you print may be a tiny interest you have or be momentarily relevant. But that blurb gets read by others as your identity.  Which could be good or bad or even dangerous.
Hey, I watch other movies besides " Seabiscuit "

QMH ( recall Quarter Mile House ) happenings.

Year 1, I got the boat in early maybe Apr 1. went cruising and fished a bit. While on the water I noticed everyone else doing lawn stuff and general chores and went " Uh oh ".
there is so much to do gearing up after winter. 
Somethings have been streamlined. for example.  I don't try to crank up the riverside pump. It gave up or I gave up on it.
Since I won't water the lawn or pasture around the QMH, I decided that pumping water up the hill is a waste.
As well, there was a cross connect between the house water system and the riverside pump. Accidentally, I opened the cross-connect of these two and got river water in the house pipes while changing the filters. Crikey ! What a pain in the derriere that was.

However, some good came out of it b/c now I get water down at the boathouse at almost twice the pressure in the house ( water goes downhill for 60 ft ). I re-routed the hose system and will soon have a sink cum fish cleaning station ready to-go.
So, since year 1, I carefully manage my time and make sure chores get done before I launch or fish. I get a little antsy but its no use waiting til May or June for chores b/c then I'm way behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment