Monday 25 March 2013

A Paean to Costco

or Costco , what a pain
We got an ' Executive ' membership, and  we're not sure why.
We got a rebate for  $ 15 last year. We also used Costco to get our car rental in Fla. 
In an effort to maximize our return a) we have done 2 oil changes at the Big C and got gas twice ( their gas is cheaper )
To-day while oil changing , we shopped and ate at the food counter.
Not healthy but tasty, dog and fries.

Now, the process - is it totally de-humanizing or a reality of urban life. Big C's prices are uniformly, good and some prices are unbelievable even for bulk.
On the quality side - when we used to check Consumer Report's comparison shopping, Kirkland always seemed the best buy or top of the buy list.
As well, I'm having a love affair w/ the stretch denim jeans that I bought in Nov /12.

I truly hope that  I don't have the same look that I saw on the faces of the other shoppers, this morning, OMG I hope not.

Weather : apparently, we are missing a big dump that hit south of us - sorry boys. Sunny, windy and cool. Yep, S. Ont spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment