Friday 22 March 2013

Repetition is Good

The Blog started out as two sentence blogging. The attempt was to present in a pithy manner , well life - from my point of view.
The premise failed b/c mostly, I like doing this - a lot ,so a lot gets written.
In the style of ' Will Rogers , a One Man Show ' performed by 
James Whitmore Jr., my sources are the daily news providers. We get the TorStar 5 days a week or less if I can prevent delivery. I watch the news ticker on the local CITY - Pulse TV board, i.e. talking head surrounded by weather, business, news and traffic cameras. A multi-media schizoid display guaranteed to take up your day or half hour or ........
As well, there is the home page or newest homepage for our server Sympatico, which is called the ' Loop '. The ' Loop ' is a news display, cultural touchstone and access point to every other website that you never wanted to access. Of course, I read the headline banners and ignore the story.
And at night, as a sleep aid which it isn't, I listen to the CBC ( Canadian Broadcast Corp ) overnight feed which originates mostly overseas Holland, U.K. , Germany and Australia. This source balances out the mostly Canadian point of view which is good b/c you find out how messed up ' they ' are.
I discovered on on-line feature from the Tampa bay Times  called ' Florida Bizarre ' which presents the weirdest stories of the month etc.

So, I do not invent news ( well not much anyway ) but there is a spin -a -rama effect that is always there in the news. I say that everyone interviewed or who comments, spins the news in their favour. Then the news reporter spins the story for his or her purposes. Sort of ' spin on spin ' then I get to add my spin and lo and behold its ' spin a- rama '.

My audience of 4 is made up of Americans , namely Ohio and Massachusetts ( 2 all totaled ) so, I also give the weather report for S On. to widen their grip on the world which as far as Canada is concerned is pretty small.

The news : Puxatawny Phil has been indicted, for misrepresentation of Spring. I commented several blogs ago that Phil had pooched the
prognostication thing. Now Phil is in legal doo-doo.

Cyprus is in doo-doo of its own. To wit, the major export from Cyprus is money. The money is invested by the Russians and sent back to Russia. Cyprus also got caught holding bonds that defaulted when Greece needed a bail out. 
B/c of all the complications and intertwined dependencies and the major sense that the Cypriotic banking system is a pretty much a non-functioning bloated cow, the Big 3 money institutions IMF, Eurobank etc have set out stringent conditions for a Cypriotic bail-out.
The stumbling block ( one of many ) is the requirement that Cyprus Bank central ( or whatever ) tax the accounts of depositors. Small deposit holders pay 6 %  and the large depositors pay 9 %.
Since the major industry is money handling, Cyprus will lose its status as a deposit haven for international interests. 
If Cyprus decides that taxing deposits is bad for business or can't generate the required financial base for the Euro - loan, economists predict that Cyprus's banking system will default. Cyprus will have to leave the Euro-zone at least monetarily and go back to using its own currency called ' I don't want this funny money '.
Furthermore, the general feeling is if Euro-bank asks this tax of Cyprus that the Euro-bank might start to do this in more cases of bail-outs.

To-day was the Family Care Conference for my mother. Yearly, the heads of staff meet w/ the family ( me ) , in a 6 on one conference.
To be fair they are optimistic and nice and I'm praying that things aren't as bad as I see them.
Things are good. My mother needs way more help now than 10 years ago but then I need way more help than 10 years ago.
The staff re-assure me that my mom is in the right place and that I have done a good job - visiting etc.
As an example, I explained that getting and keeping the present extra-helper was my one good move for the year - then they all jumped in and said ' NO ' one of many. See, they're nice and have a perspective totally alien to mine.

Weather. We have a ' electronic weather station , inside / outside now called Weatherboy..
The display shows a youngish man dressed or undressed depending on the conditions. No , this isn't pedophilia 101, he only gets down to trunks in the summer and sweats a lot.
To-day he is fully coated up and the temperature is a tad under 36 F.
Dreary w/ the sun trying to break through. Very strong winds that gust.

If you read all this, well, ........good , I think.
Be aware that as w/ the major news sources that I quote - I accept no responsibility for anything that you see here.
Caveat tuyu ( Reader beware !! )

No comments:

Post a Comment