Sunday 17 March 2013

Names

Strathmore is the area of 'Cuse that we are in, at Lipe Mansion.  My parents last home was on Strathmore. I love the way names link you to a place and links places.

Breakfast this morning was an extravaganza. Now lets be careful here, yesterday was a bran muffin ( homemade ). But to-day, fruit tray w/ scones and whipped cream to start, great coffee and then the hot tray came. Omelet, sausage and potato medley. Table setting was complete and fancy linen and quality silverware.
I'll tell you, Monday breakfast will be a let down - back to the muffin and cereal.

Weather looks cold w/ streaks of sunshine popping through. just enough to tempt you outside then whamo -sharp wind and biting damp- OK , so I'm a pessimist but I know all the tricks.

We got bezzoombled to-day . JHU lost 13 - 8.
The dome was impressive in size and environment. There I was watching lacrosse in Mar w/ temps at 34 F and I took my coat off after ten minutes. Half the fans were in short sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment