Sunday 3 March 2013

" I had a farm in Africa "

A reminder, that anything you read here, is just like the newspaper. Truth takes a backseat to...... well anything. Remember that I get this stuff from radio ( lying in bed w/ headphones ) or off the news feed from Sympatico Loop ( homepage ).

The quote in the post title is from " Out of Africa " the movie based on the story by Isak Dinesen.
The segue is that Kenya is about to hold elections again. The contest is close...... therefore CNN can report on the number of election related deaths. Last time in 2007 - 8 the death total was 1200.

Well, last Christmas I received colouring pencils. Yep, as in now you can colour your maps in geography. These pencils are water colour pencils. The colour will spread if the pencil line is moistened.
The plan, there's always a plan........ sort of, was to exercise the option to create ( draw ) things that I like.
So far, progress ..... stinks. I did try to draw something, a wooded scene. the result looked just like it did when I was in art class in high school. In baseball, they would term it ' stone hands ' or in my case ' stone fingers ' . Do you gather that the result was not satisfactory. You're right.
I'm trying again.... soon. And there are many projects like this one that are mid-start, that seems a kind way to put it.

Weather. Bright and peaceful. That means, pretty cold too ! The temperature is 21 F. Brisk and bracing, right !

We have a family get to-gether to meet a cousin who lives in the U.S. Originally, he lived in Atlanta, moving to Carrollton, Texas a suburb of a suburb of Dallas, Now, I think he lives in New Mexico.
He is a close cousin meaning we grew up to-gether. We get to meet a new ' girlfriend ' or some relationship like that. Who knows ?

We are meeting at a Chinese buffet. A sort of family tradition. I guess its a cheap - all purpose way to meet and eat. I suppose we take a chance on Salmonella and stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment