Sunday 14 April 2013

Aftermath

Always wanted to use that word in reference to me but it never applied before...
Aha, can now - my eye problem seems to have resolved itself .
Woke up pain free. Yippee.
Now, to keep the eye moist and non-sticky.
We put the floor humidifier on, so that could be a factor. Although, in '96, I'm telling you nothing seemed to work.
The remedy at that time was a soft plastic contact lens acting as a bandage for two months, a prophylactic solution.
The alternative was to remove the epithelium from the cornea and re-laser the whole corneal surface, no thank-you said I and went w/ the contact lens.

Weather is warmer and cloudy w/ sunny breaks. We should hit somewhere near 60 F to-day.

The Bluejays managed to throttle the Terrapins of Maryland 7 - 4.
Their season was extended, mathematically, w/ this top ten win.
However, the route to a play-off berth , now runs through Loyola, Navy and Army. These last 3 games need to be wins. and at 10 - 4 w/ some key victories , JHU s selection chance  will be in the 80 % range, depending how other teams fare.
Hop has made these play-offs 41 years running. Not w/ out some moaning and griping from lax affecianados, almost every year. Its like a whine-fest.

In my spare time, my thoughts now turn to fishing. My first year, at QuatermileHouse, QMH, I put the boat into the water in early April.
I'd be out cruising around and watching all the neighbours out doing yardwork, said to myself , ' thats what I should be doing ' then spent all June trying to catch up. So, yardwork, first then fishing.
But I'm still planning. New strategies , some new equipment and basically the same approach - fish close to home and know some water way better than other places.
The thinking is, fish in water you know and not to run all over. I've seen boats pull into the river having traveled 10 - 15 minutes from the lake. So, I ask myself why would I run for fifteen minutes to get to where these guys came from.
I'm looking for structure, mostly, shoreline, tips of islands , weedlines and fallen wood or stumps. Yep, right there in front of me. Besides, I fish pretty much by myself, I seldom see any other boats near, except week ends and when the lake blows up.

Two years , ago , a neighbour came fishing w/ me and  I suggested starting in the river, and we could fish the lake in the afternoon. We ate lunch and I said ' where to ? ' the answer, ' why should we go anywhere else ? '. The neighbour had fished Rice L for a long time but never the river. He was amazed at the opportunities and the sheltered water.
See ,  occasionally, I get something right.
The only question is ' Do you need a 75 HP bassboat to fish the way I do ? '.  No, its overkill. But so handy and comfortable.
The bassboat is a fishing platform capable of running tight to shore.
Its heavy and resists drifting. Its built to be stable at all times.
Its pretty. Nuff said. ( Thats a line from the 'Thing' in Marvel Comics )

No comments:

Post a Comment