Monday 15 April 2013

Pi Squared

The movie is the  ' Life of Pi '. Ang Lee is director.
Yann Martel is the writer of the book.

Somebody goofed.. this one should have won awards , and lots.
I'm not sure that I got it, I mean the whole idea of the film. I was entertained , maybe thats all thats important. The film was transporting and I was transported, through the process, through the story.

Meanwhile, listening to PRI on the earbuds Sun night, Asperger's Syndrome pops up. The story line is : husband and wife are seemingly having difficulties, he doesn't seem to listen or care. She reads an article including a test quiz for Asperger's.
A light goes on. Is hubby showing signs of AS. She gets him to do the test and yes, he presents as an AS possibility.
More to the point, he finally sees what wife and maybe he, himself had noticed. He was given a guide to what is wrong w/ his life - social awkwardness and other problems.
The husband has written a book outlining the process that he goes through to improve his life relationships.
Now, being slightly hypochondriac, I was starting to wonder about me as this program went on.
The wife in the segment then relates that the most frequent request that they get is , ' where do I get a copy of the AS quiz for my husband.
Oops, not alone mayhaps.

I need to admit that lying there half asleep or half awake might make me more susceptible to suggestions as in this program. And I suppose everyone would prefer a reason to explain their life.
However, this husband got to be 30 yrs of age before twigging to the AS diagnosis. 63 is too late ????

Weatherboy is smiling ( thats a lie, he never changes expression - just clothing and arrows , up or down ). Warm, sunny and still ( wind did kick up a bit ). Forecast is for 60 F plus for at least 2 days. Spring has sprung or is trying to.
At the cottage, I've noticed the tulips pushing through.

Fishing is definitely on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment