Wednesday 17 April 2013

Olden - Golden

I bought a jacket w / removable sleeves , in 1978.
I was really proud b/c it was a Gant. I'm still wearing that jac / vest.
For really old, I always thought that was my Gr 11 English teacher.

It turns out that the oldest living thing, is a creosote tree which timed out at 11, 000 yrs. I assume its still living in California. This creosote does not resemble that teacher.

On ' YouTube ' I discovered a segment on ' Recurring Corneal Erosion ', what I seem to have. The guy , Scott , went through all my problems ( pain, angst and crying ) and decided that ' stromal puncture ' was a solution. SP is putting micro-holes in your corneal epithelium ,yep, yech big time. Scott has done this 3 X.
Not for me. I also turned down re-lasering my whole cornea ( to smooth things out ).
Yesterday, I woke up w/ a stinger ( my term, for a Corneal Erosion that is small ). That stinger went away by the afternoon.
This morning, before I opened my eyes, I put sterile drops on my eyelids and massaged the moisture in.
Maybe, there was slight sting in my left eye as the lid moved but nothing happened. Thus, I had a good wake up.
The problem is that you get used to not having to worry, say maybe
two weeks and then bang you wake up w/ a stinger. I plan to develop this new moisture routine as basic getting up procedure.

Holey-kamoley, we're expecting 70 F to-morrow. The temp falls away after that but at least we get a blast of warmth.
WB is in full kit. But he is in the shade and its still early AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment